Sunday, January 14, 2018

Self Care tip

Hi All!! I hope 2018 has been treating you well so far! So far, so good over here! I have been working on a great vision book, no more vision boards. We have upgraded. So now I can take it with me everywhere I go and also take notes & adjust my goals and visions. It's a great way to really break down all your goals as well, and really get into detail with your dreams. I feel like when it comes to goals and visions-details are the best! It will really help you visualize exactly what you want!

Ok, here's a quick blog on a subject I'm sure a lot of you are wanting to work on. SELF CARE! Here is one of my most favorite ways to self care. It's so good for you, and the health benefits are superb. So let's get started!

Dry Brushing. I know you have been hearing about this A LOT. Dry brushing has been around for ages. But, within the last year I have really been hearing all about the buzz of dry brushing. I was introduced to dry brushing about 5 years ago when I was doing a beauty event for La Mer skincare and we did a dry brush event. Let me tell you, 5 years ago people were not too keen on me scrubbing them with a dry brush. .They were very confused. But now, I bet you they're all bragging about it. "Oh I did dry brushing 5 years ago.." you know how that goes.

Anywho, it's a real beauty buzz word and I really hope this one sticks! It's easy to do. It kinda forces you to take even  just a moment and do a little self care on you. And the benefits are wonderful.

Here's what you do-

Get you a simple scrub brush, One of those brushes you see for scrubbing your back. Buy it! Make sure it has firm, natural bristles. Nowadays you can also find a brush dedicated to dry brushing. Get you one that has a detachable handle.

Next, take a moment of your life. Stop, take a break, and give yourself some me time. Easy right?

You want to do this before you shower. So get the brush, start at your feet. I start at the very bottoms of my feet and do short strokes upward.

*Remember* you want to do all your strokes TOWARDS your heart!

Long, smooth strokes are the key! Focus each area around 10 times, Always brush towards chest/heart

So, start at the feet and do upward strokes towards the heart. Slowly go around your feet, your ankles, go up your legs slowly and move on up. You never want to go back down where you've been so make sure you hit all areas of your leg and move upward. Do each leg, and you're set!

Next-I do stomach. Do circular, clockwise strokes UPWARD towards the heart. I start at my lower abdomen and move up to about where your bra would hit.

Then do the arms-I start at the palms, and do strokes towards the heart. Move from the palms, to the hands, to the wrists, forearms, and move upward. When you get to your shoulders just do light brushes towards heart on chest.

Done! So easy!

Next shower. Hop out of shower &  load yourself down with a moisturizer. I like to use the specific oil geared towards my dosha in ayurveda. So I use a coconut oil based moisturizer. Done!

While I'm dry brushing and showering I really amp up my self care regimen by putting on a mask. Just let that baby set while you're doing all this. Done! Full body love!

Here's the benefits

Main benefit to dry brushing is that it increases circulation to the skin. This can reduce the appearance of cellulite. Enough said-where's my dry brush?

Dry brushing is a super effective way to shed dead skin cells. Which in turn means-smooth, glowing skin!

It truly is like an anti-aging service to your skin. The dry brush will remove dead skin cells which also helps pep up your cells to reproduce fresh, new, plump skin cells.

Dry brushing helps with lymphatic drainage and improving your blood circulation.

You get a really clean slate when you dry brush. When you dry brush you clear oil, dirt, and debris from your pores.

Dry brushing is a great energy boost! Do it in the morning and it will really get your day started right!

Dry brushing is a great detox! By releasing the toxins when you dry brush, it encourages the body to discharge waste so your body will be more effective.

Dry brushing helps with muscle tone.

Rejuvenates the nervous system.



**do not dry brush if you have sun burned skin, inflamed skin, sores, or skin cancer**

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this info! Never knew about dry bushing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to introduce you to it! I hope you enjoy!

      Delete